Former Central Government offices (Main & East Wings)
Central, Hong Kong
6,910 sq m
Architectural Services Department, HKSAR Government
CGO site, where being the main governing power of Hong Kong since 1846 was vacant in 2011 after the new Tamar Government Office Complex was completed. Due to its historic importance of the site, CGO’s East and Main Wings will be restored and reused as the Offices of Department of Justice, the entire façade with elements identified with historic value will be preserved and integrated into a heritage route for public appreciation after the project completed. LWK is commissioned by ArchSD as the Heritage Consultant of this project to process the Heritage Impact Assessment (HIA) and develop the restoration and design works proposal.